January 29, 2013

Do Not Disturb



If I am a traveler come
to wander the earth

if a scientist meant
to catalogue it all

if a butterfly born to taste
 every flower’s nectar

If abundance
 means this day

if I am the taster
swallowing some poison
 meant for you

if a high powered microscope
to view things smaller than quarks

if a radio receiver built
to capture all the waves

if the woven blanket which
puffs the smoke-signaled message
from the sacred fires of ancient tribes

if a rocket ship of wonder meant
 to visit every rock and star
in the milky way

if, after all, you would ask me
to interpret this hieroglyph

3 comments:

rollingstones500albummarathon said...

very interesting poem. Love it. Glad I stumbled upon your blog!

janjoplin said...

Thanks for your comment. I like this little poem too.

northernpoet said...

I like this too. Very evocative and intriguing.